Sunday, May 18, 2014

Skinny Sunday.... A new dish...Fab Crab!

We tried something new this week from
a wonderful blog...
all recipes are clearly written and weight watcher friendly!

'Points Plus' values are given...
Serving 'size' is also stated!

(nothing worse than finding a recipe that says it make 105 servings
but leaves you guessing what the serving size actually is)

Friday night the Spouse prepared their
Crab Cakes 
This was his plate....mine looked the same!

The recipe makes 4 crab cakes @ 4pp each.
Ok...yes...the serving size is ONE cake...

What can I say...we were hungry!

I allowed 1pp for the dill sauce....
but really truly according to my WW App...
I used 2 Tablespoons (total - 1 on each crab cake)
 of Fage No Fat Plain Yogurt...
that comes up as "0" pp.

It tasted too good not to be counted....
so I counted an extra point...
just in case.

You'll notice I used a 'balsamic reduction' on our fresh market tomatoes.
The 'reduction' is nothing more than a thickened texture of the
balsamic vinegar and you can make your own very easily...
the thickening process turns your vinegar into a very sweet tasting treat!

Here are easy instructions for making your own.

***A word of warning when preparing your reduction...
be sure to cook in a well ventilated area...
the fumes can be a bit overwhelming  as it simmers***

You can purchase a sweet balsamic 'glaze' already made...
(not the same as the 'reduction')
but be aware the calorie count will be higher and
you could be adding 'points' when using that.

The Spouse and I splurged Big time and felt like we discovered 'gold'
when we found this...
The cost was a little more than $1per year....
but it's so sweet and thick...
no cooking and no 'fumes'!
(that alone was worth the cost)


Notice the red seedless grapes on our plate.
I almost always add a bit of some '0' point fruit
right along with the meal...
I love the little touch of sweetness...
a little touch of excitement....lol


and it helps to s-t-r-e-t-c-h out the eating experience
without adding more points.

What's your favorite tip for adding a bit of thrill to your meal?
Let's hear it!

Thanks for the Visit
&
Have a Great Week!






1 comment:

  1. Oh that looks really good! I didn't know about the Point-less Meals blog. Some good looking recipes over there.

    ReplyDelete

I just love to hear from you and I truly do read every comment. Sometimes life gets a wee bit crazy and I'm not always able to reply to them all...but I'll keep trying! If you are Anonymous or a no-reply blogger, leave your email with your comment, otherwise there's no way I can reply to you - and maybe you're okay with that - but if there's a give-away and you win...you'll never know!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...