Wednesday, August 1, 2012

"Pets On Quilts Show" Entries - Let the Games Begin! Woof Woof!

Yey! It's time for .....

I hope our entries put a smile on your face.
I couldn't decide which picture to post for the "pet on a quilt" - if you've read earlier posts on my blog...you might remember our #1  pooch...Miss Magnolia Blossom (aka "Maggie") is not the most cooperative canine when the camera is aimed her way.
When she was a baby she thought the camera was 'cool'....
Even a few years later...I was sure we had a 'camera hound' on our paws....
What a Diva!

Perhaps the "Ruff"led collar was a bit too much. 
Shortly thereafter she just absolutely refused to 'look' at the camera

One time I snuck up on her...but she was quick to react...
Well..Pffft!!!!! I guess she told ME!

Thankfully...before 'diva-dom' cluttered her head...she posed for the camera on a couple of quilts (then again...maybe she just needed something "pretty" to pose on...I never thought about that). These are our entries...we hope you'll give them your vote.

First up: "Dog on Quilt":
Yes it's our little Beach Babe behind those Foster Grants....soaking up the rays on a quilt of batik strips I called
"Maggie-rita-ville"

#1 - MAGGIE-RITA-VILLE
Our second entry (remember I told you I couldn't chose which one to enter)....is our little Birthday Girl (hmmm...besides pretty quilts...maybe Maggie just loves 'dressing up'). The quilt was made by a wonderful group of quilting friends for one of my "many many" birthdays.

#2 -  MAGGIE THE PARTY GIRL
Now it's on to the next "Cat-agory"...
Inspired by "Miss Midnite"
 - the ultimate 'Diva' (and Maggie's best friend...ya know...it wasn't until after Midnite arrived that Maggie became a diva herself...coincidence? I think not)
I designed this wall hanging with Midnite in mind. It never fails to muster a smile as it hangs on the door to a  room often sought out by students and traveling customers in our quilt shop .... I'm sure you can guess which 'room' that is....
#1 THE LITTER BOX -cat theme entry
Thanks for stopping by - I hope you smiled...I can't wait to visit all the other entries and give them my vote.
A GREAT BIG THANKS to LILYPAD QUILTING  for giving me the chance to share some of my furry 'kids' with you...this has been the most fun blog to write. To see who else came to the SHOW, click here!

Before I sign off...I promised a couple of our other kids I'd share their pictures too...you know how kids can be ....we don't need any of them getting all 'hissy' because their "big sisters" are getting all the attention. These  are not contest entries (but don't tell the kids that).

Marvin is now almost 2yrs old (I think...omgosh...I've lost track of his age...what kind of mother am I?) - here he is as a young kittah...

This is Mia as a wee babe (she's now about 10 mos..where does the time go...it seems only yesterday I was mixing her formula)

Mia really REALLY wanted to be an entry...she simply couldn't understand why I didn't make her a quilt from all those fat quarters she loves to sleep on .... if only I could teach her to make her own.
MeOwHaHa

There's plenty more felines in the house but I'm stopping right here. (You know us 'moms'...we could go on with baby pictures FURever! Another time...you can be sure).

Again thanks for visiting. And as they say in the south.... 
"Hope ya'll come back real soon"
Lynn "The Thimblemouse" >"<






55 comments:

  1. Awww looks like you've got a house full of adorable divas. I love the litter box quilt, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're all so cute and I absolutely love the "Litter Box" wallhanging ... I want one (the wall hanging, that is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You definitely have some cute divas that know how to party. Look like they are good snugglers too.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, you definitely made me smile, such a cute post. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is just too cute! Thanks for the fun today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love them all but Maggie with her shades on groovin at the beach is my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great crew you have there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all those pictures. Love the sunglasses shot. LOL. And the party hat. I could see a pile of fatquarters being quite comfortable to sleep on!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shayla O'Puss will not be entering QuiltFest with me in the Duet Category...her "embellishment" didn't completely disappear when I washed the quilt! But I do have lots of pictures of her sitting on quilts.
    Maggie is a sweetie and a Super Model!
    Sunnie
    http://www.PatchworkPie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm still smiling....what a fun post, and what cute models you had working with you! Thanks for joining in our party!
    Love the Litter Box wallhanging, and all those cute faces....Mia stole my heart! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. You wrote a wonderful, fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow...how nice to have all the participants in your household. The quilts are beautiful too and, yes, I did get a chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  13. your blog was my laugh of the day....thank you....and I love "maggie ritaville" the best!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the litter box wall hanging.....great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great quilt hanging- the litter box made me smile. Your dog Maggie reminds me of our beloved Venus dog. We miss her placid nature- she was a great dog that we had for a dozen years.
    Thanks for sharing your terrific furry pets.
    Regards from Western Canada,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesssommmme.. Wow boy I remember just about all those pictures! Give Maggie A big run around the table for me !! LOL I mean big hug hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  17. Maggie is the perfect Diva. What fun photos, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. My goodness, how do you give all those Diva's the time they demand and still have time to make lovely quilts and run a shop?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Whoa, diva is right! Great photos - give everyone a rub for such a good job (even while they were sleeping :o))

    ReplyDelete
  20. Maggie, Midnite, Mia, and Marvin are all dolls. What a sweet bunch you have there. The litter box quilt is funny. Sounds like you have a fun time with your crew.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sew many lovely furry friends in your house.
    You did get some great shots of the Diva...

    ReplyDelete
  22. I consider myself a cat-person but that Maggie, what a sweet face! Such a sweet crew!

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMGosh how sweet. Love the birthday hat!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, that puppy pic is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a good fur family! Love the birthday party picture with Maggie. Those quilts are beautiful.
    Thanks for visiting me at Shelter-Cats!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a great post and such cute photos! Love the sunglasses!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love your pet photos, they're great. My dog won't allow me to put anything on him. Love your quilts,too. My favorite is The Litter box.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love your family photos, and specially laughed at the Litter Box.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Loved meeting your cats and dogs - not to mention the beautiful quilts (I love bright colours) - greetings from across the ocean from me and Django (and thanks for your comment on my blog)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Since I am maggie, anything a maggie will do has got to be GREAT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your pets are super cute! And I especially like the wall hanging for the bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  32. So many cute pics - your little Mia looks like Simba did when he was a kitten.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your pets are all adorable...who can resist a cute baby kitten! Your cat quilt is great!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love your Cat-quilt! And Maggie is just SO cool..with the shades :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. wow, I love your pets on quilts pictures, absolutely gorgeous ☺

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love MAGGIE-RITA-VILLE picture. What a sweetie. You have your own parade here, don't you! That's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  37. So cute and so full of "tude" all at the same time! :D Great pets and quilts. Thanks for bringing a smile to my face.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Lovely! The animals are very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I just love your Litterbox quilt. It is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love the photo of Maggie wearing sunglasses...wonder if I could persuade Archie they're a good idea?!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hello, I was delighted with his words thank you for your visit, I'm following you. Beautiful things here, good work , congratulations
    Did you see my other blog :
    http://osfelinossaotudodebom.blogspot.com.br/ just for cats friends?? Send me a photo of your beautiful cat that I put there.
    Good Wednesday
    Silvia

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love the photos, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  43. I love all the furkids and the quilts! Amazingly, there aren't any Divas in my bunch (7 cats, 2 dogs), but a couple of super shy cats. Thank you for the adorable post!!

    ReplyDelete
  44. The birthday girl is absolutely wonderful and the hat matches the quilt perfectly. Love the Litter Box Quilt - I should make one of those for my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Love your furry crowd, they are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  46. I love them all but Mia is sooo cute :0)

    ReplyDelete
  47. All of the quilts and critters are wonderful, and I especially love the one with Maggie in her party hat! Thanks so much for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Great entries and wonderful stories. Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Great pics. Love the Litter Box quilt!
    Thanks for sharing and joining in the fun.

    ReplyDelete

I just love to hear from you and I truly do read every comment. Sometimes life gets a wee bit crazy and I'm not always able to reply to them all...but I'll keep trying! If you are Anonymous or a no-reply blogger, leave your email with your comment, otherwise there's no way I can reply to you - and maybe you're okay with that - but if there's a give-away and you win...you'll never know!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...