A few weeks ago while catching up on my reading list here in blogland, I came across a post from Barbara at Cat Patches inviting any and all of us to join her for the
2013 New FO Challenge.
I hadn't a clue what this challenge could be, so I read thru her post...the more I read...the more I smiled...thinking this is EXACTLY the kind of challenge I was born for! (Plus I'm in love with the Challenge badge...it's just so cute, dontcha think?)
You see...it's all about STARTING a new project each month! You don't even have to finish it! I LOVE to start new projects! It's the finishing that kind of hangs me up... (how many UFO's do I have? oh puleeeze...let's not go there...unh uh!).
So without further adieu...I'm joining Cat Patches Linky Party - giving you a little preview of what I
will start hope to start in 2013. I'm sure there will be more projects calling my name...I just haven't found them yet.
1) First and foremost, the Spouse and I really need a quilt for our King size bed! You see, when it's chilly (and yes...it gets brrrrr-chilly in Floreeedah) our 'kids' love to snuggle on the bed at night, which means our queen size coverlet doesn't cover "it" when all those furry bodies take up residence (i.e. Maggie and the cats - I wasn't talking about Bob). I'm really tired of having my butt hanging out and catching cold. (tmi? sorry...haha). I've only ever made two King size quilts...neither one was for us. This will be a utility quilt...something simple and BIG! No idea yet what the design will be.
I'll number the rest of my dream projects, but they really truly are not in any particular order...what moves me and when remains to be seen.
2) This sweet little wall hanging has been screaming my mom's name for quite awhile now. First published in QuiltMaker magazine (I don't remember when) - I have wanted to do it forever! My copy of the magazine is buried who knows where - but lookie look! Martingale has just published a new book "Eye-Catching Quilts" - Favorites from QuiltMaker Magazine....and the pattern for the posies is in there. Fate.
(I probably should start this sooner than later, Mom is 93 after all...I want her to enjoy this for a long long time!)
3) Last fall, or maybe it was summer - time just flies by sooooo fast - I entered a super fun "Tabby Block Lotto" hosted by Jennifer at Sew Hooked and I was shocked and totally thrilled when I WON ALL THE BLOCKS! I definitely have to do something with these.
4) I am in lust with this kit from Moda, featuring "Marmalade" (just the name alone is so yummy) - a fabric line designed by Bonnie (Cotton Way)& Camille (Thimble Blossoms).
When I saw their pattern Flower Girl - I knew...just knew I had to start this quilt! With any luck, I'll get this quilt done while we still have a few kits left in the shop :)
5) My friend and quilt designer/instructor extraordinaire,
Sunnie Malesky is graciously sharing some of her beautiful
quilts for a trunk show at our shop and I fell in love with her
I hope I can get my garden planted by spring time....or summer...maybe late fall... lol
6) I absolutely adore Loralie Designs. These "Fast Women" bring a smile to my face. I saw some brilliant mug rugs using her panel blocks...I have these gals...I'm sew gonna mug them up! With any luck they'll be great Christmas pressies for next year!
* * * * *
I'm getting really excited now for the New Year to start! And speaking of....I just realized there is at least ONE more (known) project I've forgotten to list - which will kick our King quilt into 2nd place - (how easily plans change, I haven't even finished this post yet..haha).
Through one of my BFF's, Holly....I discovered Planet Patchwork - they're hosting a
on New Years Day! It's called
I can't resist! There's a clue every hour until the quilt is complete. Guess we know where I'll be on January 1st! Maybe you can join me ! Let's Party!
Lynn ~ The Thimblemouse >"<